Lawn Chemical Spray Technician
The Technician must possess advanced knowledge of typical landscape maintenance operations, practices, and equipment. The person in this position must be able to get along well with employees, customers, clients and management and represent LMI in a positive light. The employee will perform most duties in a combination for outside work and a typical office environment.
Spray Technicians must possess advanced knowledge, techniques, practices and procedures of pest control, e.g., inspection, location and identification of suspected or reported infestation by insects and other pests. Knowledge of chemicals and calibration of pesticides, fertilizers and herbicides used in the industry. Knowledge of various chemical agents used in the trade; ability to use such in accordance with prescribed safety precautions and directions.
Due to the seasonality of the landscape maintenance operation, Technicians may periodically be required to perform other duties as assigned by immediate supervisor.
- Spray Technicians must be able to operate, troubleshoot and repair spray equipment typically found in landscape maintenance.
- Skill in the practices and procedures of pest control, e.g., inspection, location and identification of suspected or reported infestation by insects and other pests.
- Schedules and performs weed control and elimination procedures; organizes and prioritizes weed control inspections, maintenance and responses.
- Operates light to heavy vehicles, tools and equipment in the application of various herbicides and lawn care functions, e.g., truck, sprayers, tractors, loader, backhoe, chainsaw.
- Operates lawn maintenance equipment in the mowing, edging, weeding, trimming and pruning of grounds, shrub, trees and plant beds.
- Utilizes various hand held manual and electrical sprayer and trapping equipment according to the trade/craft being performed.
- Applies herbicides as needed in accordance with prescribed use and in accordance with accepted industry practices, and rules and requirements of various Federal, State, and local regulatory agencies, e.g., Environmental Protection Agency, Department of Environmental Regulation, Department of Agriculture.
- Maintains cleanliness of facilities and equipment; maintains inventory of materials.
- Maintains accurate records of chemical and biological agents used, e.g., records work order logs, maintains inventory of materials, evaluates and prepares cost estimates for various projects.
- Prepares and mixes chemical agents used in the trade; prepares work area prior to beginning job and cleans area after completion of job.
- Ensures the safe and appropriate use of various chemicals agents and substances, mixing such according to label instructions and product specifications, and using in accordance with prescribed safety precautions and directions.
- Ensures the safe and proper operation of tools, vehicles and equipment; adheres to prescribed safety standards and regulatory requirements.
- Inspects completed work for proper operation, adherence to work orders, and safety.
- Must be able to respond to emergency and after-hour calls on nights, weekends and holidays.
- Obtains oral and written quotes in the procurement process of parts, materials, and equipment according to LMI policies.
- Responsible for ensuring all work and activities are performed safely and in accordance with LMI policies. Completes all required paperwork to include work orders and monthly reports.
- Maintain excellent customer service and communication skills with employees, clients, vendors and management.
- Ensures that safety and risk management practices are followed in the performance of all work.
- Utilize labor, materials, supplies and equipment in an efficient manner. Maintain work files and records as requested.
- Organize work to ensure efficient use of resources and to meet work completion deadlines.
- Attend meetings and training seminars.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Additional Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must possess a State Driver’s License and have a clean MVR.
- Must possess and maintain State of Texas Herbicide Spray License.
- Working knowledge of Excel, Word, internet, etc. is desirable.
- Must be able to work independently and be very self-motivated.
- High energy level, comfortable performing multifaceted projects in conjunction with normal duties.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English. Well-organized with good time-management skills.
- Ability to handle customer/client concerns.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills. Ability to get along well with diverse personalities within a diverse workforce.
- Requires the ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment; must be flexible and able to adapt to frequent changes in work priorities.
- Must maintain regular and acceptable attendance at such a level as determined by LMI. Must be available and willing to work on a full time schedule and must be available and willing to work as needed and determined by LMI as necessary to meet the business needs.
- Must keep immediate Supervisor informed at all times.
Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org