Irrigation Tech – Dallas, Texas
LMI Landscapes Inc. is a fast growing and highly respected landscape and irrigation contractor. Our mission is “A Commitment to Excellence; excellent people, excellent clients and excellent results. Our Corporate Values reflect honesty, quality, professionalism and teamwork.”
Currently we are seeking an Irrigation Service Technician for our location in the Dallas, TX area.
The Irrigation Service Technician will report directly to the Director of Irrigation and will repair and maintain irrigation systems by utilizing:
- A general knowledge of pipe sizes and types of fittings.
- Excavation techniques to keep a service area as undisturbed as possible.
- Basic irrigation installation practices and procedures.
- Basic controller adjustments.
- A general knowledge and application of the different types of spray and rotor heads.
- Adjusting spray and rotor heads of various manufactures for proper arc pattern location and diffusion.
- Overcoming piping obstacles through the use of alternate fittings available from inventory.
- Knowledge of nozzle sizes, volumes, and patterns for Rainbird and equivalent brands of nozzles.
- Uses the 521 wire tracer.
- Uses a Volt Ohm Meter.
- Uses remote controls for maintenance checks and can connect them as well as the required pigtails.
- Understands 521 operations and can use it for various troubleshooting applications, i.e. Valve location, bad splices, cut wire, etc.
- Understands the volt ohm meter and uses it to diagnose repair needs in electrical circuits.
- Capable of checking and adjusting various brands of controllers for seasonal adjustments.
- Makes intelligent evaluations of site with regards to watering programs. Suggests program adjustments to site management and supervisor.
- Knows all drip components and different flow rates of drip tube and programs controllers based on precipitation rates.
- Understands solenoid valve mechanics and the complete process of how the valve opens and closes.
- Understands operation and programming of popular controllers from most manufacturers.
- Utilizes advanced programming features such as E/T self-adjusting settings for more precise water management.
- Understands operations and adjustments of valves, rotors, and spray of most manufacturers.
- Has taken the required 16-hour state required course and passed and received the Irrigation Service Technician License or Landscape Irrigator license.
- Uses E/T values and precipitation rates as well as micro climate information to accurately adjust controller programs.
- Driver’s license with clean record
- Bilingual (English and Spanish)
- Knowledge of the streets of Dallas
- Read and Write English
- Dependable (consistent attendance). Continued expectation of dependability is expected.
We offer competitive salary, outstanding benefits; including year-round work schedule, AFLAC, PTO and paid holidays. So, if you’re committed to excellence, then consider joining the LMI landscapes team today.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer—-M/F/D/V